Virginia DMV #: (804) 497-7100
Sign up for online driver’s ed!
Fuhrmann Driving Academy has partnered with 3A Method Driving Schools to offer a state-approved online course option for new drivers. Please follow the course procedure below to enroll and complete the course.
1. After paying through the Buy Now button just above, you will be directed to the online course where you will register and begin the course.
2. The final examination per state requirements is an online exam and offered at our office location: 4425 Portsmouth Blvd Suite 210E Chesapeake VA 23321. Normal business hours are Monday-Friday 10am-8pm, however, exams must be scheduled in advance. Please call if you have questions.
3. Our course instructor will grade and test and share results. If the student passes the course, the instructor will receive the certificate of completion for that student and can continue with the behind-the-wheel portion of the course or issue the certificate to the student when there is a request to transfer. If the student fails the examination, the student will be allowed to review any section of the completed course to prepare to take the examination again.
The program consists of at least 30 hours of instructions and includes components about alcohol safety, drug abuse awareness, aggressive driving, distracted driving, pedestrian and bicycle safety, handicapped parking, fuel efficient driving practices, motorcycle awareness and organ and tissue awareness as required by law.
All individuals who elect to take the classroom components of the driver’s education course online must take the online course through a DMV licensed driver training school. Home-schooled students are exempt from this requirement.
In order to benefit from the course, you must be able to work independently and be comfortable with using a computer.
- Photo identification (DMV issued identification card, school issued identification card, valid passport of military identification)
- Proof of completion of the online driver education course
- A completed “Parental Consent for Online Driver Education Examination” (DTS 62), if you are under age 18
- Proof of completion of the additional 90-minute parent/teen course if you are under 18 and live in Planning District 8 (counties of Arglinton, Fairfax, Loudoun, and Prince William, and cities of Alexandria, Fairfax, Manassas, and Manassas Park)
- The online driver training school will provide a computer for testing.
Schedule your online course today, or call us if you have any questions!